Series 72 Modutrol IV Motors are spring & non-spring return motors used to control dampers and valves. The motors accept a current or voltage signal from an electronic controller, positioning a damper or valve at any point between open & closed.
- Integral spring return returns motor to normal position in the event of power failure on spring return models.
- Integral junction box provides NEMA 3 weather protection if motor is mounted in the upright position.
- Motor and circuitry operate from 24 Vac.
- Quick-connect terminals are standard--screw terminal adapter is available.
- Adapter bracket for matching shaft height of older motors is available.
- Motors have field adjustable stroke (90 to 160 degrees).
- Integral auxiliary switches are available factory mounted, or can be field added.
- Spring return motors can operate valve linkages from power end or auxiliary end shafts for normally closed or normally open valve applications.
- All models have dual shafts (slotted and tapped on both ends).
- All models have auxiliary switch cams.
- Fixed torque throughout the entire voltage range.
- Motors are designed for either normally open or normally closed valves and dampers.
- Models available with adjustable start (zero) and span.
- Models available with 4 to 20 mA input signal.
- Models available with 2 to 10 Vdc input signal.
- Die-cast aluminum housing.
|Dimensions (in.)||6 7/16 in. high x 5 1/2 in. wide x 7 5/16 in. deep|
|Dimensions (mm)||164 mm high x 140 mm wide x 185 mm deep|
|Includes||Transformer and Screw Terminal Adapter|
|Weight (lb)||7.5 lb|
|Frequency||50 Hz; 60 Hz|
|Approvals, Underwriters Laboratories Inc.||Listed: File No. E4436, Guide No. XAPX for USA and Canada|
|Electrical Connections||Screw terminals|
|Power Consumption||Driving-- 15 VA|
|Approvals, CE||EN55011 (Emission) EN50082-2 (Immunity) 73/23/EEC (LVD)|
|Ambient Temperature Range (F)||-40 F to +150 F|
|Ambient Temperature Range (C)||-40 C to +60 C|
|Internal Auxiliary Switch||0|
|Auxiliary Switch Ratings||AFL - 120 Vac-- 7.2A; ALR- 120 Vac-- 43.2A; AFL - 240 Vac-- 3.6A; ALR- 240 Vac-- 21.6A|
|Stroke||Adjustable; 90 to 160 degrees, Symmetrical|
|Shaft Dimensions (in.)||0.375 in. Square|
|Control Signal||Modulating, 4-20 mA|
|Fail Safe Mode||Non-Spring Return|
|Torque Rating (lb-in.)||150 lb-in.|
|Torque Rating (Nm)||17 Nm|
|External Auxiliary Switches Available||Yes|
|Shaft Rotation (upon control signal increase)||Clockwise (as viewed from power end) (normally closed)|
|Factory Stroke Setting||90 degrees|
|Timing, Nominal||30-60 sec|
|Shaft Dimensions (mm)||10 mm Square|
|Motor shafts||Dual-ended shaft|
|Deadweight Load on Shaft||Either End-- 200 lbs.; Combined on both Shafts-- 300 lbs.|